Friday, November 7, 2008

TheKeepsake


I'm bleary-eyed today because I spent most of the night reading The Keepsake by Tess Gerritsen. I know better than to start her books at bedtime, I rarely can put them down until I've completed the entire novel.

I marvel at her writing. She is one of the few authors whose characterization doesn't suffer from a swift pace. Tess also has the ability to take a well traversed subject such as stalking, and explore it from a new perspective. I know, I'm gushing, but I enjoy a well written novel.

The Keepsake revolves around a forgotten mummy is rediscovered in a museum basement. Dr. Isles determines that the century old relic however is rather a modern day murder. While following the numerous plot twists, I'm was delighted Gerritsen provides me with medical insight without beating me over the head with 'geek-speak' which often distracts me from the mystery. Like I said earlier there's not much about her writing I don't like. So whose writing skills do you wish would magically materialize inside your brain? Now, just to wait patiently for the next episode in the series.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin